If you get bored of grilled chicken and you have leftovers, here is an easy way to change it up and add extra flavor to tomorrow’s lunch or dinner.
You can use this chicken salad with carbs like: rice cakes, rice tortillas, or Non-GMO organic corn tortillas, or even a homemade bread (we like using elkhorn flour).
Or you can use it on unlimited foods like:
lettuce wraps, on top of your salad, or on top of tomato slices like I did for a recent lunch. Just make sure you are adding enough carbs depending on which meal you are eating this for.
Makes 2 servings
- Chopped cooked chicken – 1 breast or 4 tenderloin cuts
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 2 scallions/green onions – diced
- Cilantro (optional)
- 1 Small apple diced (½ apple counts as 1 carb serving. If you are following Dr. Christianson’s Adrenal Reset Diet, you want 1 carb serving for breakfast, 2 carb servings for lunch, and 3 carb servings for dinner)
Binder (use one of the following):
- 2 tbsp Egg-free Mayo (we like Vegenaise) (count this option as your fat)
- OR use a fat-free, high protein plain yogurt (we like Siggi’s) if you don’t have a dairy sensitivity (count this towards your protein)
*If you use yogurt, you will want to add a healthy fat, like a side of 8 almonds, or ⅓ of an avocado*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice chicken, apple, green onion and cilantro.
- Mix with egg-free mayo OR fat-free yogurt.
- Slice tomato and top with chicken salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if it needs it. Top with more cilantro if you’d like.