Treat Your Hashimoto’s Disease in Scottsdale
If you have Hashimoto’s Disease, our Naturopathic Doctors are here to help.
While most people know about thyroid disorders, you may not have heard of Hashimoto’s Disease. So what is it?
Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease that causes your immune system to attack and eventually damage your thyroid. It is also the leading cause of hypothyroidism. In fact, most people who have an underactive thyroid also have Hashimoto’s Disease.
Our Naturopathic Doctors at Integrative Health in Scottsdale, AZ are experts at diagnosing and treating Hashimoto’s. They will work with you to find the root causes of your thyroid issues, so you can improve your thyroid function and get your health back.
Find Treatment at Integrative Health
At Integrative Health, you’ll have options beyond medications. We will help you explore treatments such as:
- Thyroid medication prescription & management
- Deprescribing protocols
- IV infusions
- Optimize detoxification pathways
- Diet and lifestyle changes
Integrative Health Naturopathic Doctors have over 20 years of experience in Scottsdale diagnosing and treating, and they know the importance of personalized care. That’s why we start your care with a Complimentary Discovery Call.
During this call, one of our Naturopathic Doctors will listen to you, answer your questions, and assess your symptoms and health needs. If it turns out that we can help, they will help you schedule an appointment to create a custom care plan that meets your needs.
Symptoms of Hashimoto’s
Have you noticed excessive fatigue, brain fog, or stubborn weight gain? Because of the role the thyroid plays throughout your body’s systems, there is a wide range of symptoms you may experience when it’s not working correctly.
Have you experienced:
- Stubborn Weight Gain?
- Hair Loss?
- Brittle Nails?
- Dry Skin?
- Sensitivity to Cold?
- Brain Fog?
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
- Irregular Menstrual Bleeding?
- Muscle Aches, Tenderness, or Stiffness?
If this sounds familiar, it’s time to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors. They will answer your questions and guide you to treatment options that work best for you.
Undiagnosed or advanced Hashimoto’s Disease can also cause more severe health issues. Complications of Hashimoto’s include:
- Greater risk for thyroid cancer
- Heart Disorders
- Pregnancy Complications
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or suspect you might have Hashimoto’s, make an appointment to get tested. Hashimoto’s often goes undetected in the early stages, so it’s also a good idea to get tested if it runs in your family. Early diagnosis gives you the broadest range of options and the best outcome for your health.
Home Treatments for Hashimoto’s Disease
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have Hashimoto’s, you’re probably anxious to start feeling better. The first step is to get in touch with a doctor who knows Hashimoto’s Disease and work on getting your labs done.
Once you’ve done that, here are four things you can do from home to manage your thyroid health:
- Take a look at your lifestyle. A healthy daily rhythm is a crucial part of anyone’s health, even more, if you have a chronic disease. Get in the habit of going to sleep and waking up at set times every day. Make an effort to go outside, enjoy the sun and fresh air, and get some intentional movement into your day.
- Pay attention to your body and how it reacts to the foods you eat. Start your journey of figuring out the best foods to heal your digestive tract and the foods that make your symptoms worse.
- Take helpful supplements, such as selenium, methyl folate, and manganese. Also, stop taking harmful supplements, such as iodine and folic acids, which affect your thyroid negatively. Your Integrative Health doctor will be an excellent resource for determining the best supplements, but these tips are a helpful starting point.
- Take time to understand your disease. Learn about TSH levels and keep track of yours when you get lab work. Determine immune stressors such as allergies and chronic infections and learn how to manage them. Ask questions and discover lifestyle changes that will most benefit your overall thyroid health.
With the help of your Integrative Health doctor, you can feel confident in your understanding of your diagnosis. They will help you find and treat the root causes of your thyroid problems and give you the tools you need to heal.
Schedule a consultation with one of Integrative Health’s Naturopathic Doctors today and get started on the path to a healthier you.