Treat Your Graves’ Disease in Scottsdale
Our Naturopathic Doctors have the experience and knowledge to get you the help you need.
Do you have Graves’ Disease? If so, you’re not alone.
This autoimmune disorder causes the overproduction of thyroid hormone. It is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism in the United States, with an estimated 1 out of every 200 people developing Graves’ Disease at some point in their lives.
Here at Integrative Health in Scottsdale, we provide comprehensive services for patients suffering from Graves’ Disease. We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that fits your needs and helps you get your life back on track!
Find Treatment at Integrative Health
At Integrative Health, we offer a mix of services that can help you treat your Graves’ Disease. You’ll find medical and naturopathic care, as well as nutritional counseling. We’ll explore options such as:
- IV infusions
- Lifestyle Changes
Our experienced Naturopathic Doctors have been diagnosing and treating thyroid disease for over 20 years. To ensure the best care, we start every client with a Complimentary Discovery Call with one of our Naturopathic Doctors.
During this call, they will listen to your experiences and answer your questions. Then, they’ll assess your symptoms and health needs to ensure that our office can offer you the best care for your individual requirements. You can also set up your first appointment during this call to get on our schedule quickly and start getting the personalized care you deserve.
Symptoms of Graves’
Graves’ Disease symptoms are cause for concern and require urgent treatment. Symptoms usually come on gradually, so it’s essential to know the signs and get treatment early.
Common symptoms include:
- Anxiousness or Panic
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Unintended Weight Loss
- Weak or Trembling Muscles
- Heat Intolerance
- Increased Sweating
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Increased Appetite
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, please give us a call so we can help you get on the road to recovery. Our Naturopathic Doctors can address your unique health needs and create a personalized treatment plan that works for your life.
When left untreated, Graves’ Disease can cause fatal heart damage or long-term damage to the brain and bones. Some more severe symptoms and complications include:
- Bulging or Protruding Eyes
- Dry Eyes
- Puffy Eyelids
- Eyelid Retraction
- Gritty or Red, Irritated Eyes
- Swelling of Hands or Fingers
- Exaggerated Reflexes
- Menstrual Cycle Changes
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Repeated Fractures or Signs of Osteoporosis
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or have other reasons to suspect Graves’ Disease, schedule an appointment with our office right away. We also recommend getting tested if thyroid disease runs in your family. Early diagnosis is key to getting the most treatment options and preventing long-term damage.
Home Treatments for Graves’ Disease
Because Graves’ Disease is considered an urgent medical condition, your medical team should be your first resource. They will run the necessary tests and develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your unique needs.
Once you have the okay from your doctor, here are four areas you can focus on at home to optimize your thyroid health:
- Create a diet with a variety of foods from all the food groups. A balanced diet will help heal your digestive tract and keep you feeling your best. Pay attention to foods that make your symptoms worse and limit them in your regular diet. Also consider the role of iodine in worsening Graves’ Disease. Low iodine diets such as the Thyroid Reset Diet can help any treatment for Graves’ Disease work more effectively.
- Schedule intentional movement and exercise into your day. Exercise doesn’t have to be extreme to make a difference. In fact, intense exercise can cause more issues when you are already struggling with a chronic illness. Find gentle movement in walking, swimming, tai chi, and yoga activities.
- Focus on getting adequate rest and building stress management skills. Stress on your body or mind can decrease your quality of life. Create a daily rhythm that includes going to sleep and waking up at the same times, getting outside, and doing simple journaling or meditation exercise to lower stress.
- Take time to understand your disease. Education about your condition allows you to stay on top of your health and notice problems early. You’ll feel more confident as you learn to understand your lab results, stressors, and other details. Ask your doctor any questions and read quality information about your Graves’ Disease diagnosis.
The Integrative Health team is here to help you get started on your journey to wellness. They will help you find the root cause of your thyroid problems and guide you in taking steps to manage your disease and heal.
Give our Naturopathic Doctors at Integrative Health a call to schedule a consultation.