A good chicken salad can be perfect for a lunch or dinner depending on your mood. This salad can be adjusted for any allergies and kids love it too! Enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cooked and shredded cold organic chicken breasts
- ½ cup broccoli finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup red bell pepper (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (omit if allergic)
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter (can use sunbutter if allergic)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- juice of half a lime
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl, minus the broccoli and dressing.
- Gently steam the broccoli for 2 minutes (or 40 seconds in the microwave) and transfer to the salad bowl. Toss ingredients together to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss again until everything is incorporated and evenly covered by the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge and serve when desired.