Nicoise Salads are my favorite pot-luck dishes to bring to your friend’s (or family’s) BBQ. It’s a full meal, it helps you stay on track if you are following the Adrenal Reset Diet, and you won’t have to worry about leftovers (because there won’t be any).
Keep everything separate in your serving bowl so people can take as much or as little of the ingredients they like. You can add a variety of unlimited foods, anything from the healthy carbs list, and proteins list. And then use dressing as your fats.
*Don’t add the dressing until after you arrive at the party and everyone is ready to eat so you can keep it fresh longer.
If you are following the ARD, use ½ cup of the carbs for your lunch serving, OR ¾ cup of carbs for your dinner serving. (This is also why you keep all of the ingredients separate) For protein, have about a fist sized serving. For fats, you only need about 2 tbsp of dressing. Because most of the ingredients are unlimited you can eat as many servings of those as you’d like.
Serving size: 6 Lunch | 4 Dinner
- 3 cups of potatoes (1 inch cubed)
- 4 cups of lettuce (the darker the color, the more nutrients it has)
- 1-2 containers of cherry tomatoes
- ½ onion (red onions are great for this)
*I like to add another unlimited food. Often times I’ll use roasted peppers, carrots, or cucumbers. Pick one that you like and add it.
Cilantro Garlic Recipe HERE
- Bring a pot of water to a strong, rolling boil.
- Boil potatoes until center is soft (8-10 minutes).
- Drain, set into the fridge to cool.
- Chop/shred green leafy lettuce and put on one side of large serving bowl (romaine, red lettuce, butter lettuce, spinach….whatever)
- Chop unlimited veggies and put each one in a small section of your serving bowl (colorful peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, green beans…have fun and use whatever you have on hand.)
- Add cooked chicken (use leftovers from last night’s chicken) to your serving bowl. OR use another protein of your choice. (canned chicken, salmon, shrimp, turkey…)
- Top with a fat – (examples: dressing, avocado, nuts)
- **OPTIONAL: To really make the flavors pop, you can also add fresh herbs like chives.