Any time you feel a little frazzled and want to unwind, here is a great recipe that will help correct your cortisol and boost your mental focus.
- Fresh Ginger – roughly 1 tsp, unpeeled
- Fresh rosemary – 1/2 tsp
- Basil leaves – 4
- Fill your favorite mug 3/4 full with water that was just boiling.
- Place all ingredients inside a high quality garlic press. Make sure it is thoroughly cleaned and has no garlic flavor. (I like this one)
- Squeeze the liquid into the mug of hot water.
- You may be able to move around the ingredients in the garlic press and get a bit more liquid with a second squeeze.
Enjoy! It is ready to go with no steeping required. It improves cortisol and decreases mental stress without being too much of a sedative. Rosemary has been shown to improve alertness and concentration with no stimulating side effects. Ginger helps improve blood flow to the brain and reduce inflammation. It also rounds out the flavor.